'Cause after I came a runnin' and a screamin'
at the top of my lungs
my brave girls went out to find it.
They also found a baby! Ugh!
My hero is going to find them and move them!
Can I just say.....
I DON'T LIKE SNAKES!
I did look up some info and they are good snakes!
It is our state reptile!
Who knew we had a state reptile!
Ohio's State Reptile - Black/Blue Racer
In 1995, the Ohio Legislature made the Black Racer
In 1995, the Ohio Legislature made the Black Racer
Ohio's official reptile due to the snake's
prevalence in the state. The Black Racer's
scientific name is Coluber constrictor constrictor.
The Black Racer lives in Ohio's eastern and
southern counties. The closely related
Blue Racer, Coluber constrictor foxi
lives in the northern and western portion
of the state. The only real difference between
these two snakes is their color,
with Black Racers being entirely black
and the Blue Racers having a gray or
greenish tint to their skin.
Both varieties of snakes are non-poisonous.
They provide valuable assistance to
Ohio's farmers by killing various types
of rodents that can cause damage
to the farmers' crops.
Yep, they are good to the Farmers!
My neighbors are farmers!
My Father in law is a farmer!
My brother in law is a Farmer!
My husband would be a farmer
(if we had more land)!
Can I just say
I DON'T LIKE GOOD,
STATE REPTILE SNAKES EITHER!
Unless they live at
my neighbors, FIL's
or BIL's house.
After all, they are
helpful to them!
Pray for me as I tiptoe
around the yard! LOL!
Leigh Ann


1 comment:
Yeah, that is disgusting, and I would have screamed too!!
We have some snake migration habitat in our development or something because every spring we have little baby grass snakes everywhere... We had to relandscape the back garden and change it so they didn't think of it as "home" any longer, but apparently snakes return to the place of their birth to give birth each year or something sick like that...
You can be out doing yard work and hear any of our neighbors screaming at random, and you always know it was one of those snakes...
Post a Comment